There are any number of reasons why you want to switch your art around from time to time. Do you already do that? If not, read on to find out why.
We get used to seeing things in one place, so much so that we stop really seeing them any more. If you move a painting from its usual location to a different room, or even just a different wall, or arrange a new grouping you’ll be surprised by the results.
- You’ll see it (literally) in a different light.
- You’ll see it at new times of the day when you are in different moods.
- You’ll see it at different angles as you walk past it in a new location.
- You’ll notice something about it that you’d long forgotten.
- You’ll be struck by something new.
To make the point, I've been using my photo editing software to start ‘hanging’ some of my available paintings in unusual places to share on my Instagram account. The views may be a bit extreme, but we do stop and look at things differently.
So why not breathe some fresh life into the art you already have hanging in your home? Move it to a new location. I bet you'll be surprised how you fall in love with it all over again.
If you've enjoyed this article I hope you'll share it with a friend.
Join me for future posts as well as having the $$ perks of being a VIP subscriber.